Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Second Amendment--A Well-armed Lamb

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
Benjamin Franklin

From American Carol, a little 2nd Amendment humor:

My wife recently asked me if I wanted a gun. I said I had never really thought about it before. After reading the following quote, I am thinking about it a lot more:

"As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives [only] moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion to your walks."

-- Thomas Jefferson, writing to his teenage nephew.

No comments:

Post a Comment